How to enable a user to be able to reply to posts and comments

Hi @matthias or @daniel - @Victoun does not get the reply button in his user interface for this post https://climategains.community/t/financial-model-for-climategains/239/3

Any idea why, and how to fix that?

In such cases, the first guess is to compare the user’s group memberships (here: includes group “collaborators”) and the rights assigned to members of these groups for the post. That can be checked in the settings of the post’s category, here category Fundraising . In tab “Security” of those settings, you see what a “collaborator” is allowed to do: “See”, but not “Reply” and “Create”.

Fixed that now by including the “Reply” and “Create” rights for collaborators. I think I fixed it once before for all categories, but this might be a new category …

2 Likes

yes it was a new one I made a while back. Thank you!

@daniel Hi Daniel,

On the post of Nadia call “Unleashing Climate actions : Next …” I don’t have a reply button. I dont succeed to fix it. Can you help ? Thanks

1 Like

Fixed now. Same issue as above, and again for a category that I either missed when doing the initial access rights setup, or that was added afterwards. Shouldn’t happen …

No need to try fixing it, you’d have to be Discourse admin to do it. Just tell me (@matthias – Daniel is also admin here, but not for the day-to-day tasks).

Thank you :slight_smile: @matthias

1 Like